YOUTUBE MARKETING: 7 WAYS TO PROMOTE YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
YouTube video marketing is becoming increasingly popular, with more than 2 billion logged-in monthly users of the platform. YouTube is the second most visited site on the whole of the web. Utilising as part of an effective marketing strategy is a must for any business. Mastering it is a must for every world class digital marketer including the team at Englander Davis.
It is important to make the most of this fast growing and ever evolving platform. Promoting your YouTube videos is vital to the success of your YouTube content. Here are 7 effective ways to promote your channel, increase your views and improve the return of your investment.
- Use SEO Keywords
Great SEO is the foundation for a successful YouTube channel. It is important to understand exactly what your users are searching for. People don’t only look for video content on YouTube, “YouTube” is one of the most popular terms searched on Google. So much so that Google now prioritises videos over other content in the search engine results.
Here is how to find the perfect SEO keywords for any type of video content:
- Google possible keywords and do your keyword research
- Scan the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) for each keyword
- Trial and error as well as changing up keywords often
- Choose keywords that suit your content
- Titles Short, Descriptive And Sweet
The title is the first thing users see when they find your videos in the search results. No matter how creative your content is if the title doesn’t ignite their interest they aren’t going to click on your video.
Here are some tips for creating clickable titles:
- Stick to 60 characters or less to prevent your title from being cut off. The most popular videos on YouTube tend to have short titles.
- Include selected keywords in the title. It is important to note that most readers focus on the beginning of the sentence.
- Try not to clickbait. As tempting as it is, clickbait can ruin your channel’s reputation.
- Optimise Your Video Descriptions
It is important to optimise your video descriptions to attract users to your videos and encourage them to subscribe to your channel. You can also link other social channels you may have so they can be found easily by your community.
Here are some tips for optimising your descriptions when you upload a video:
- Place your keywords at the beginning of both your description and title
- Stick to the character limit
- Add in any relevant links; website, blog posts and any other social channels
- Include relevant hashtags that abide by YouTube’s hashtag guidelines
- Offer Genuine Value
Creating content that offers genuine value is one of the best ways to keep your audience engaged and rank well in search. This is exactly the same when you create video content, as YouTube’s ranking system puts viewer experience first. Providing real value to your audience will reward you with real engagement.
- Interact With Your Audience
A successful YouTube channel doesn’t end with content creation. Your channel art is just the foundation of a great YouTube presence. The most successful creators actively monitor and engage with their audience. Responding to and liking comments encourages your community to support your channel, making them more likely to watch video ads and increase your revenue.
- Engage Through Q&A Style Videos
Q&A style videos are the optimum way to build your YouTube community. When you ask your subscribers to send you questions and create a video addressing them you are showing your viewers they matter. This will boost your watch time hours, viewer count and engagement while supplying you with valuable content, when your ideas run dry.
- Actively Partake In The Community
Once you have established your niche it can be helpful to subscribe to channels that target a similar audience to you. Also known as “your competition”. Watch their videos, like and share their content, whilst leaving thoughtful comments and even mentioning them in your own videos. When you put your channel out there it can assist you in finding new viewers.
There are plenty of ways to actively promote your YouTube channel. From utilising SEO keywords to optimising your descriptions and keeping your titles short and sweet. These tips should provide you with a good idea of where to start.
If you want to see some amazing video content in action check out our Englander Davis YouTube Channel. If you haven’t yet delved into the world of YouTube for your business contact our friendly team of digital marketing experts who can assist you in running your own successful YouTube channel in no time at all.