Have heard the words SEO, known it to be super important, but never really understood what this is?
Let us help!
SEO = Search Engine Optimisation (don’t worry, there is more).
You have two parts of SEO:
1. On-Page SEO: This is where you optimise your webpage so that the website can rank higher with search engines. It is made up of relevant content and is ‘keyword’ driven. On-page helps search engines such as Google, find you better.
2. Off-page SEO: This is the technique used to improve the position of your website on different search engines. This includes activities such as link building, social bookmarking, even your social media.
SEO is a long-term strategy, but it gives your business the right foundation. Although you have to be patient throughout the process, this will ultimately allow your website to get a consistent flow of visitors which ultimately leads to revenue for you. The beauty about SEO is that it just keeps growing and growing, so if you have the right strategies in place this can be a great asset to the business. Think of this as employing a new sales member to your team, if you want them to perform, then you need to train them properly.
The first 3-6 months are focused around training them on your product and service and letting them build their very only pipeline. The next 6 months is about them building the relationships with prospects. Although they may bring in a few sales here and there, ultimately, it can take time for them to really start performing for you. If you were to give them hot leads at the same time, you will probably boost the sales faster. Englander Davis have devised strategies alongside SEO to help speed up the process. It is important to note that you cannot do successful off-page SEO without solid on-page SEO being completed.
Now we understand a little more about what SEO is, let’s have a look at some of the benefits of SEO.
• SEO is a fantastic way to increase the quality of your website. In order for SEO to work properly, your website needs to be fast, easy to use, user friendly.
• SEO is considered the framework for your website, this is because in order for this strategy to work you have to follow the guidelines set, which ultimately helps you create a better website and marketing campaign.
• SEO can help your business grow. In the competitive market, more and more people are searching online for solutions to their problems. Search engines have billions of people searching for answers every day, if your SEO is correct this could put you in a very healthy position to bring in the prospects and have them enter your sales funnel.
• SEO is an organic search which means it is relatively cheap.
• If your sales funnel on your website is right, SEO will help bring you the prospects you want.
• Local SEO will help with your engagement level, traffic, as well as conversions.
• SEO will help you build credibility and trust, this means when the prospect goes to contact you, the trust has already been established, easier sale.
• Good SEO drives a much better user experience on your site, a good user experience, psychologically, will make people presume you can then give a good product or service.
• If you can understand SEO this will help you understand the environment of the web as a whole.
• You can measure SEO and your results which can help you see what is working for you and what is not, this will help your better your marketing and website.
• People trust companies that are on page one, so a good campaign can see your business profits skyrocket. There are mounds of benefits to a good SEO campaign, in fact it is one of the first things you should be doing as this compliments all parts of your sales funnel and business.
Here are some tips on how you can improve your SEO right now:
1. Do not just focus on Google, although they are the largest, there are other search engines such as Bing that can help you see a dramatic difference in your traffic to the website and conversions. Believe it or not, not everyone uses Google, who knew that? We did! Only 65% of searches use Google, so where is the other 35%?
2. Make sure you publish content that is relevant, this means on your website as well as off your website. Don’t spend too much time on
irrelevant information that no-one really cares about.
3. Make sure that you are updating your content constantly, the last thing people want is to read the same thing over and over again, the last thing people want to do is read the same thing over and over again, the last thing people want to do is read the same thing over and over again, see my point?
4. Make sure that when you are designing your website or if you have already designed it that you check it for metadata. This is your title
metadata, description metadata, keyword metadata. This can all sound complicated, but it is really important for your SEO.
5. Have relevant links and Calls to action throughout your site. Instead of saying ‘click here’ you might want to see ‘training programme here’ this will get more clicks and much more interest. Descriptive links are important as people want to know why they should use the click buttons.
6. Use alt tags to describe your video media, what this does is allows search engines to locate your page, remember search engines do not see images they see content only so you will be ranked on this.
7. Get more back links, the more back links the better.
8. Our final tip is to ensure your website looks the part, make sure it is secure, ensure it functions well, as in make sure you have no broken links, make sure it is easy to understand and represents your story, your message.
SEO is not the easiest thing to do alone, but it is a really important part of your marketing and success. Have a go and if you need help, you know who to contact.