6 Ways You Can Boost Your Business YouTube Channel
YouTube has been one of the most popular and successful platforms for content creation that the digital world has ever seen.
It seems like a no-brainer that you should try and take advantage of this revolutionary platform for your business, but many business owners are left dumbfounded on how to make it work for their brand.
Should I do product videos? Q&A’s? How do I find the right target demographic that will be interested in my products and services?
There are so many different niches and unique things that people can do on YouTube, so it can be quite overwhelming deciding where your brand should sit.
Here are 6 ways you can grow your YouTube channel, boost your business branding, and see more conversions and genuine customer interaction!
- Use SEO Keywords
Great SEO is the foundation for a successful YouTube channel. It is important to understand exactly what your users are searching for. People don’t only look for video content on YouTube, “YouTube” is one of the most popular terms searched on Google. So much so that Google now prioritises videos over other content in the search engine results.
Here is how to find the perfect SEO keywords for any type of video content:
- Google possible keywords and do your keyword research
- Scan the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) for each keyword
- Trial and error as well as changing up keywords often
- Choose keywords that suit your content
- Titles Short, Descriptive And Sweet
The title is the first thing users see when they find your videos in the search results. No matter how creative your content is if the title doesn’t ignite their interest they aren’t going to click on your video.
Here are some tips for creating clickable titles:
- Stick to 60 characters or less to prevent your title from being cut off. The most popular videos on YouTube tend to have short titles.
- Include selected keywords in the title. It is important to note that most readers focus on the beginning of the sentence.
- Try not to clickbait. As tempting as it is, clickbait can ruin your channel’s reputation.
- Optimise Your Video Descriptions
It is important to optimise your video descriptions to attract users to your videos and encourage them to subscribe to your channel. You can also link other social channels you may have so they can be found easily by your community.
Here are some tips for optimising your descriptions when you upload a video:
- Place your keywords at the beginning of both your description and title
- Stick to the character limit
- Add in any relevant links; website, blog posts and any other social channels
- Include relevant hashtags that abide by YouTube’s hashtag guidelines
- Offer Genuine Value
Creating content that offers genuine value is one of the best ways to keep your audience engaged and rank well in search. This is exactly the same when you create video content, as YouTube’s ranking system puts viewer experience first. Providing real value to your audience will reward you with real engagement.
- Interact With Your Audience
A successful YouTube channel doesn’t end with content creation. Your channel art is just the foundation of a great YouTube presence. The most successful creators actively monitor and engage with their audience. Responding to and liking comments encourages your community to support your channel, making them more likely to watch video ads and increase your revenue.
- Engage Through Q&A Style Videos
Q&A style videos are the optimum way to build your YouTube community. When you ask your subscribers to send you questions and create a video addressing them you are showing your viewers they matter. This will boost your watch time hours, viewer count and engagement while supplying you with valuable content, when your ideas run dry.